Recipe from Paleo Cupboard
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 Tbsp. arrowroot (or tapioca) flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup raw honey, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and allowed to dry on a paper towel
CRUMB TOPPING (OPTIONAL)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- 3 Tbsp. ghee (preferably cold)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder and sea salt in a medium sized mixing bowl, and stir to combine. In a separate bowl add the egg and vanilla and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk the raw honey and coconut oil into the egg mixture until combined.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the blueberries and spoon the mixture equally into the baking cups or liners.
3. If using the optional crumb topping, combine the coconut palm sugar, almond flour and ghee in a small bowl and mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over the muffins before baking.
4. Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until done and middle is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least minutes before serving.