- Place 1.5 cups water into pot or glass kettle
- Add one Cinnamon Stick
- Cinnamon sticks should be slow boiled to extract the best flavor. Bring the water to a slow boil in a small pot or stove top kettle. To do this, set the heat setting to medium low so it boils slowly. This usually takes about 15-25 minutes.
- The Cinnamon is actually released from the stick as it cools. When the water starts bubbling remove from heat and let it cool for 15 minutes
- As the water cools you will see the the Cinnamon will start to release from the Cinnamon stick and the water will change to a deep redish brown.
- Strain the tea through a fine strainer into a cup.
- You may have to reheat the tea before serving and feel free to add a Cinnamon stick for "the look". Enjoy!