Recipe from Homemade Gifts Made Easy
- 10.5oz/300g melt-and-pour soap base
- 1/4 cup ground lavender buds (for mixing into the soap)
- 1/4 cup lavender buds (for sprinkling on the top)
- 5 mL (100 drops) of lavender essential oil
- Melt the soap base by following the instructions on the packaging. This usually involves melting the soap in a bowl suspended over boiling water, or heating in short bursts in the microwave (fast and effective for small amounts of soap). Once all the chunks of solid soap have melted remove your mixture from the heat.
- Stir in lavender essential oil, and ground lavender buds (if using).
- Pour your mixture into the mold (rectangular tupperware).
- Working quickly, sprinkle your lavender buds over the surface of your soap and press down gently so that they secure in place.
- Once your soaps have set (refer to melt-and-pour packaging for advice on this, mine took a few hours to be completely set), tip off any unstuck lavender from the surface of your soap.
- Loosen the mold and gently remove soap block.
- Cut your soap up into the desired size using a sharp knife.
- Simply decorate your soap and it's ready for the perfect gift.