Recipe from Pink and Pink
- Amla - 1/4 cup
- Cooked Rice - 2 cups
- Turmeric powder - A generous pinch
- Salt - As required
- Sesame Oil - 1 tsp (optional)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Bengal Gram(Kadalai paruppu) - 2 tsp
- Peanuts(Nilakadalai) - 2 tbsp
- Red chillies - 2 split
- Curry Leaves - few
- Hing - A pinch
- Cook the rice in a way that the grains can be separated. Spread it on a plate and fluff it with a fork to separate the grains.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add urad dal, bengal gram, penuts, red chillies, curry leaves and hing. Saute till they turn golden brown color.
- Add grated Amla powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to the pan and mix well till the rice is well coated with the tempered items and Amla. Adjust salt if required. Switch off the stove.
- Mix sesame oil if required to get a nice flavor. Cover it for 3-5 minutes.