Recipe from The Life Styled
Spice Infused Vermouth (this mixture will get you about 4 cocktails):
- 1 cup sweet vermouth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash sea salt
Cocktail (just one):
- 2 oz bourbon (Redemption already has a slightly spicy taste so it works perfectly for this cocktail, but any other brand would work too!)
- 1 oz infused vermouth
- Dash of angostura bitters
- Orange twist
- Sprinkle of fresh nutmeg
- To infuse the vermouth: Heat vermouth until it’s just about to boil.
- Turn off heat and add cinnamon stick, cloves, allspice, cayenne, and sea salt.
- Cover and let steep for an hour or more, if you’ve got that kind of time.
- Pour through sifter into a glass container.
- For each cocktail: Pour bourbon, vermouth, bitters, and ice into a shaker and shake.
- Pour into martini glass. Add an orange twist, zest nutmeg over the top and add a Cinnamon Stick for stirring. Enjoy!