Recipe from Civilized Caveman Cooking
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) + 3 tablespoons almond or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- ½ cup (65 grams) arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing the skillet
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) fresh blueberries or chocolate chips
- Coconut Butter, for serving
- Maple syrup, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- To the eggs add the almond milk, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour and arrowroot powder, then add to the wet ingredients 1/4 cup (60 grams) at a time, while continuously whisking.
- Then mix in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Grease a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, use a ladle to pour 3-inch (7.5-cm) pancakes in the skillet.
- Once holes begin to appear in the surface of a pancake, drop a small handful of chocolate chips onto it and flip it. The pancake should cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Top with coconut butter and enjoy!